Living Well Rhode Island Workshop at the PVAMC
Jan 23 – Mar 6, 2017
A Chronic Disease Self-Management (CDSM) Program for people living with chronic conditions including, but not limited to Pain, Asthma, Diabetes, Heart Disease, Arthritis, & COPD
- The CDSM program is a workshop given for two and a half hours, once a week for six weeks on the 5th floor in classroom 1 on Mondays 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The start date of the first class will be January 23rd through March 6 (February 20 is a holiday).
- A workshop must have a minimum of 12 participants and ideally has 12 – 20 participants. Participants should be adults experiencing chronic health conditions, their family members, and caregivers.
- Workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders, one or both of whom are non-professionals, with at least one chronic condition.
- People with different chronic health problems attend together. Subjects covered include:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- How to evaluate new treatments
- Participants will be provided a manual, Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions, and an audio relaxation CD, Time for Healing
- There is no cost to the participants and check in is not required.
- Sorry but no transportation assistance is available.
For more information or to register contact Ellen Lynch 401-273-7100 ext 3970