COVID-19 vaccines: All Veterans, spouses and caregivers can get a COVID-19 vaccine at VA by appointment or walk-in clinic. Visit our vaccine information page.
Prepare for a visit: Everyone entering our facilities is screened, and visitors are limited. Face coverings are mandatory. For some needs, you may be able to get care at home by phone or video.
For the latest coronavirus information: Visit the CDC website.
HOURS OF OPERATION
COVID VACCINATION CLINIC UPDATE
To register for a vaccine under the SAVES LIVE ACT, scan the QR Code below and complete the form online.
The VA Providence Healthcare System is now offering both Pfizer and Janssen vaccines.
COVID-19 vaccinations are available on a walk-in basis Monday to Friday 8am-2pm on the second floor C wing.
For more information please call (401) 273-7100 ext. 16226.
There’s been a lot of recent news reporting about reducing or eliminating the need for face masks, HOWEVER, the Providence VA Medical Center still has a mask mandate in effect. If you plan to visit us here at the VA Hospital, please wear an acceptable mask or cloth-face-covering while on the grounds or in the hospital. Please check back often for updates on this policy - but for now, keep that mask on!
The Providence VA Healthcare System consists of the medical center, located at 830 Chalkstone Avenue, Providence, R.I., and community outpatient clinics in Middletown, R.I., New Bedford, Mass., and Hyannis, Mass.
The normal business hours of the Providence VA Medical Center are
Monday–Friday, 8a.m. to 4:30p.m.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging time. For more detailed, up-to-date information, please visit: https://www.providence.va.gov/emergency/index.asp.
The following information updates our current visitation policy during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Veterans and Visitors will continue to be screened with screening questions and temperature checks.
- All Veterans and visitors need to be masked while at the Medical Center. If you do not have a mask one will be provided.
- Inpatient visitation is allowed but need to be scheduled with the unit inpatient Nurse Manager.
- Veterans should come to their appointments at the Medical Center alone if possible. If the Veteran needs a caretaker only one the caretaker can attend appointments with the Veteran.
- Children under the age of 18 years are not allowed in the Medical Center
- Veterans who require care in our facilities may not bring children under the age of 18 into any of our facilities.