COVID-19 vaccines: To get the latest updates and sign up to stay informed about COVID-19 vaccines, visit our vaccine information page.
Prepare for a visit: Everyone entering our facilities is screened, and visitors are limited. Face coverings are mandatory. Please contact us first before going to any of our locations. For some needs, you may be able to get care at home by phone or video.
For the latest coronavirus information: Visit the CDC website.
HOURS OF OPERATION
COVID VACCINATION CLINIC UPDATE
Below is a list of all the upcoming vaccine clinics:
- 4/10 Drive thru vaccine clinic at Cape Cod Community College for Veterans and Spouses from 9am-1pm. Vaccine available that day Janssen.
- 4/12 Old Benny’s in Middletown
9am-11am for Veterans and Spouses, vaccine available Janssen.
12pm-3pm second dose Pfizer vaccine by appointment only.
- 4/13 Starting daily at the Medical Center in Providence, walk in clinic from 8am-2pm for Veterans, Spouses and Caregivers. Vaccine available Pfizer.
- 4/14 Evening Clinic at the Medical Center in Providence, second floor C wing, from 4pm-8pm for Veterans, Spouses and Caregiver. Vaccine available Janssen.
- 4/17 Second dose vaccine clinics at New Hope Church and URI. Vaccine available by appointment only.
- 4/24 Medical Center in Providence, 8am-3pm drive through clinic for Veterans, Spouses and Caretakers. Vaccine available Janssen and Pfizer, total of 1000 doses to be given.
NOTE: Walk-in’s welcome unless otherwise stated above. For questions, please contact Heather Oberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Providence VA Healthcare System consists of the medical center, located at 830 Chalkstone Avenue, Providence, R.I., and community outpatient clinics in Middletown, R.I., New Bedford, Mass., and Hyannis, Mass.
The normal business hours of the Providence VA Medical Center are
Monday–Friday, 8a.m. to 4:30p.m.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging time. For more detailed, up-to-date information, please visit: https://www.providence.va.gov/emergency/index.asp.
- We are now scheduling ALL Veterans through VeText.
- Inpatient visitors are allowed on the floor; visitation is still limited, and appointments must be coordinated with the units.
- Patient and visitor screening will occur in the Emergency Room from 8pm to 6am on weeknights and for all 48 hours during the weekend. The main entrance will continue to be closed during these hours and re-open at 6am on Monday mornings.
- Outpatient clinics should resume care and minimal target should be that 50% of patients are seen face to face. Space is being considered for waiting rooms and timing when scheduling. Patients must remain masked and 6 feet social distancing in waiting areas.
Now we are reaching out to schedule appointments using VEText, as well, which will allow Veterans to schedule their own appointments automatically!
If you are receiving text messages from us, you already have VEText. Otherwise, simply text START to 53079 to opt-in.
Events & Classes
No events or classes are currently scheduled.