VA Providence is now vaccinating enrolled Veterans who are at highest risk for severe illness from COVID-19. VA care teams will reach out to Veterans to schedule vaccinations based on their risk level - there's no need to call for an appointment or come to a facility to sign up. More Details
COVID-19 vaccines: To get the latest updates and sign up to stay informed about COVID-19 vaccines, visit our vaccine information page.
Prepare for a visit: Everyone entering our facilities is screened, and visitors are limited. Face coverings are mandatory. Please contact us first before going to any of our locations. For some needs, you may be able to get care at home by phone or video.
For the latest coronavirus information: Visit the CDC website.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Providence VA Healthcare System consists of the medical center, located at 830 Chalkstone Avenue, Providence, R.I., and community outpatient clinics in Middletown, R.I., New Bedford, Mass., and Hyannis, Mass.
The normal business hours of the Providence VA Medical Center are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging time. For more detailed, up-to-date information, please visit: https://www.providence.va.gov/emergency/index.asp.
COVID-19 Vaccine Update:
- Veterans enrolled in VA Health Care are now receiving vaccinations based on CDC guidelines, which can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/index.html
- There is no need to call for an appointment or come to a facility to sign up – we will contact you directly when we are scheduling Veterans in your risk category
- We have a dedicated team that is reviewing patient records and actively contacting patients at highest risk of severe illness from COVID-19 to schedule their vaccination appointments
- As more vaccine becomes available, VA care teams will reach out to other enrolled Veterans to schedule vaccinations
- The goal is to offer free COVID-19 vaccination to all enrolled Veterans and staff who want it as soon as sufficient supply is available
In accordance with Rhode Island Department of Health guidelines and as a precaution to help keep our Veterans, staff and community safe, visiting inpatients is temporarily suspended at the Providence VA Medical Center. Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis under rare and extenuating circumstances -- ask the Veteran’s care unit for more information.
The Providence VA Medical Center provides on-site pre-procedure and inpatient COVID-19 testing. We refer enrolled Veterans to providers in the community for diagnostic testing when they meet CDC testing criteria (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/testing-overview.html).
Administrative and outpatient services are closed during all federal holidays. For a list of federal holidays, visit https://www.federalpay.org/holidays.
Events & Classes
No events or classes are currently scheduled.