As a precaution, the VA Providence HCS is screening at entrances to the hospital and separate clinics. We are calling Veterans to pre-screen before appointments in most cases. If you have not been contacted, please call before visiting us. More Details
Prepare for a visit: Everyone entering our facilities is screened, and visitors are limited. Face coverings are mandatory. Please contact us first before going to any of our locations. For some needs, you may be able to get care at home by phone or video.
For the latest coronavirus information: Visit the CDC website.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Providence VA Healthcare System consists of the medical center, located at 830 Chalkstone Avenue, Providence, R.I., and community outpatient clinics in Middletown, R.I., New Bedford, Mass., and Hyannis, Mass.
The normal business hours of the Providence VA Medical Center are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.Don't Flu Around, Get Your Flu Shot!
- During most scheduled healthcare appointments at the medical center in Providence
- Providence VAMC Seasonal Flu Clinic, Building 32 - adjacent parking available! - medical center campus, Sept. 21 - Dec. 31, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - noon
- Eagle Square, Eye Clinic, Sept. 16 - Dec. 31, Wednesdays 1 - 4 p.m. & Thursdays, 9 a.m. - noon
- Middletown VA Clinic, drive-thru, 8 - 11 a.m., Saturday dates: (10/17 canceled due to weather), 10/31, 11/7, 11/21 & 12/5
- New Bedford VA Clinic, drive-thru, 8 -11 a.m., Saturday dates: 10/24, 11/14 & 12/12
- Hyannis VA Clinic, drive-thru, Wednesdays 8 - 10 a.m.
- VA Community Care Network location with your VA Healthcare ID. Find a location near you at https://www.va.gov/find-locations
To keep medical records up to date, Veterans getting a flu shot from a community provider should report the month and year to the VA Providence FluLine at 401-273-7100 ext. 11499 or in a secure message to their provider with My HealtheVet.
To safeguard everyone from COVID-19, we are asking Veterans, employees, vendors and partners to help reduce the possible spread of viruses.
The VA Providence HCS is screening at the entrance to our facilities.
We are calling Veterans to pre-screen before appointments in most cases.
Patients who have not been contacted should call to confirm appointments before coming to PVAMC or its clinics, or message us with My HealtheVet.
The Eagle Square, Middletown, Hyannis and New Bedford VA Clinics are accepting scheduled in-person appointments in addition to virtual appointments.
Limited visiting of inpatients is now available – ask the Veteran’s care unit for more information.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging time. For more detailed, up-to-date information, please visit: https://www.providence.va.gov/emergency/index.asp.
Administrative and outpatient services are closed during all federal holidays. For a list of federal holidays, visit https://www.federalpay.org/holidays.