VA Providence Healthcare System
Work Status for Employees
As of Thursday, April 29, 2021 3:02 PM EDT
Director statement regarding reporting for duty:
COVID VACCINATION CLINIC UPDATE
The VA Providence Healthcare System is now offering both Pfizer and Janssen vaccines.
COVID-19 vaccinations are available on a walk-in basis Monday to Friday 8am-2pm on the second floor C wing.
For more information please call (401) 273-7100 ext. 16226.
The following information updates our current visitation policy during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Veterans and Visitors will continue to be screened with screening questions and temperature checks.
- All Veterans and visitors need to be masked while at the Medical Center. If you do not have a mask one will be provided.
- Inpatient visitation is allowed but need to be scheduled with the unit inpatient Nurse Manager.
- Veterans should come to their appointments at the Medical Center alone if possible. If the Veteran needs a caretaker only one the caretaker can attend appointments with the Veteran.
- Children under the age of 18 years are not allowed in the Medical Center
- Veterans who require care in our facilities may not bring children under the age of 18 into any of our facilities.
If you have flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough and shortness of breath:
- Don’t come in to your on-station worksite
- Call your doctor
- Notify Employee Health at 401-273-7100 ext. 12260 or 14132
- Call your supervisor for guidance
If you are exposed or otherwise identified as needing testing, please contact Employee Health immediately for guidance:
- Please note that you CANNOT be at work on station while you are waiting for test results; ad-hoc telework will be approved as necessary
- Make sure your supervisor has current contact information for you, so we can reach you if we need to
Employee resources for support and counseling include:
- The SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline provides crisis counseling 24/7 and is confidential, call 800-985-5990, text “TalkWithUs” to 66746, or visit https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
- The Providence VAMC Employee Assistance Program, or EAP, offers free and confidential short-term counseling, referrals and follow-up services. You can request an appointment through the link on the COVID 19 SharePoint, or by contacting Caitlin Oliveira, LICSW, Chief, Social Work Service, 401-273-7100 ext. 16101 or Caitlin.email@example.com
- The Providence VAMC Chaplain Service provides spiritual support and counseling for Veterans and staff, and are available at 401-273-7100, ext. 13000, or email Chaplain Rotunda East at Rotunda.East@va.gov
- The VA Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Assistance Program provides Veterans, their partners, and VA staff with information, resources and support for victims of IPV, their loved ones and caregivers. For more information or assistance, please contact Lucy J. Ramos, LICSW, at Mobile: 401-443-0278 or Lucy.Ramos@va.gov, or the National Domestic Violence Hotline at https://www.thehotline.org or 800-799-7233
During a VA-declared emergency:
VA Employees should return to this page for updates. For more information about this emergency, go to our main Emergency Information page.