Providence VA Medical Center, Rhode Island
Infection: Don't Pass It On
Infection: Don’t Pass It On (IDPIO) is an ongoing public health campaign to involve VA staff, Veterans, their families and visitors in preventing the transmission of infection. The campaign develops and distributes education and communication materials for the VA community that promote hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette, annual seasonal influenza vaccination, correct and appropriate use of personal protective equipment, and basic public health measures to prevent infection. These basic public health measures can make a huge difference in reducing the spread of infection, and can save time, money, and lives.
What can you do to reduce the spread of infection?
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze; alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Stay home when you are sick and limit contact with others
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing; throw the tissue in the trash after you use it
- Get you seasonal flu shot
The Providence VA Medical Center is committed to preventing the transmission of infections and has a robust infection control program staffed by a dedicated team of infection control specialists. For more information, please visit the IDPIO website or contact your local VA provider.