Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Providence VA Medical Center, Rhode Island
- Explore Long Term Services, Supports—Just in Case
- Explore your long term care services and supports now, while you don't need them. Personal proactive planning can provide you peace of mind for yourself and those you care about.
- Two Vets Take Home Honors at Fishing Tournament
- The RI Lions Sight Foundation (RILSF) hosted their 6th Annual VIP Fishing Tournament for Visually Impaired Persons (VIP’s) of RI on a chartered boat off Galilee, RI. 16 Blind Veterans were included in 39 VIP’s on board.
- Sterile Processing Service Achieves 100% Cert
- The PVAMC set a goal to demonstrate our commitment to excellence by having all Sterile Processing Service (SPS) staff certified in sterile processing. Certification is optional, and the examination is a rigorous one.
- Providence VA Medical Center Honors Nurses
- During the week of May 6-12, the Providence Veterans Affairs Medical Center honored the dedicated men and women who we consider to be the compassionate backbone of the Veterans' health-care system - nurses.
- We've Re-Designed Our Entire Website!
- Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation.
We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome.
- Veterans Helping Veterans on the Path of Recovery
- Horticulture, Vet N Pets, expressive arts...what do each of these programs have in common, you ask? They are just some of the many creative therapies helping Veterans help each other on the path of recovery.
- Live Enactments Honor Black History Month
- This past February, several Providence VAMC staff and volunteers performed live character enactments to highlight the accomplishments of African Americans in American History: Charles Drew, M.D., Creator of Blood Plasma; Benjamin Banneker, Architect; George Washington Carver, Inventor; Mohammed Ali, Boxer and Philanthropist; Serena Williams, Tennis Player and Businesswoman; Condoleezza Rice, Government Official and 66th Secretary of State; Mahalia Jackson, Gospel Singer/Artist; Maya Angelou, Actor, Dancer, International Acclaimed Author; and Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States of America.
- Vet2Vet Enters 5th Year
- The Providence VA Medical Center's Vet2Vet program has been on a long and interesting journey. Vet2Vet concentrates on present-centered wellness, and one of the most important aspects is laughter which is believed to be "good medicine" for the soul
- Lowe’s Heroes Project Donates Two Storage Sheds
- As part of its commitment to the community--Lowe’s established the ‘Lowe’s Heroes Project’ and, each year, seeks to identify a project in the community for which Lowe’s volunteers can volunteer their time to complete a designated project.
- PVAMC Pain Management Program Welcomes New Provider
- Pain Management is a highly specialized field of medicine that is growing. Not every community or VA Medical Center has clinicians who specialize in pain medicine. The Providence VAMC has had an interventional pain management program since 2007 and is fortunate to have three experienced anesthesiologists--Dr. Fred Burgess, Dr. Afreen Siddiqui, and Dr. Keith Fragoza–as well as a nurse practitioner, Sue Bridges--who can assist Veterans in managing their pain. The program has shown remarkable success.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Stand Downs - Putting Lives Back Together
- Stand Downs — Providing services to homeless Veterans, including health screenings, benefits counseling and other referrals. A collaborative effort by VA and other government and community agencies.
- Veterans: Have a health question? Search here!
- We’ve put the contacts for almost all your health questions in one convenient health index. Add this site to your FAVORITES for a link to take you to VA websites with valuable information.
- Helping Women Veterans Find the Help They Need
- VA’s Women Veterans Call Center has received over 11,000 incoming calls and made nearly 130,000 outbound calls, successfully reaching 76,000 women Veterans. The number is 1-855-VA-WOMEN.
- National Veterans Wheelchair Games Come to Philadelphia
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games are designed to improve the quality of life for Veterans with disabilities and to foster better health through sports competition.
- The Purple Heart: One Veteran's Long Journey
- Thousands of American Veterans have received the Purple Heart. We mark the anniversary of the creation of the award by George Washington with the story of John Reist, wounded three times in Vietnam.
- Veterans: Keep Your Immunizations Up to Date
- Protect you and your family by keeping your vaccinations current. Here are some helpful links to websites on immunization information.
- Vanquishing PTSD at the Cellular Level
- VA researchers are exploring the possibility of using a steroid pill to take the trauma out of traumatic memories by quieting the intense and sometime debilitating emotions associated with those memories.
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.